What are cookies?
Cookies are small files of text located in browser directories, used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions. These files are downloaded in the visitor’s device when a certain website is browsed.
The device used to visit a website stores and retrieves information regarding the navigation carried out from that device. Cookies are used to measure how visitors use the website, providing important information that allows the developers to update it and meet visitor needs and expectations.
When you visit www.iec.heymauritius.com, you agree that we, International Economics Consulting Ltd, place cookies on your device. We do not use such cookies to identify you personally.
More information on Cookies and their use can be found here.
Types of Data Collected
International Economics collects two main types of information:
- Personal Data: personal data might be collected by us during our daily operations through the direct contact of individuals working in our field of activity, or whenever an individual registers online. The personal data collected are: full name, postal address, country of residence, nationality, date and place of birth, email address, Skype ID, phone number, area of expertise/sector, company title, comprehensive curriculum vitae.
Purpose of the Data
International Economics collects the aforementioned data in order to:
- Provide and maintain the Service.
- Notify users on changes to our Services.
- Inform users of possible project opportunities that they might be interested to participate in.
- Improve our website, and prevent, detect and solve technical issues related to it.
Duration of the Personal Data is Kept
We do not keep any kind of Data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Identity of the Controller
The Controller, for the purposes of the relevant laws and regulations related to data protection is:
International Economics Consulting Ltd.
Grand Baie Business Park, Suites 207-208
Grand Baie – 30510, Mauritius
+230 263 33 24
Rights of the Data Subject
The Data Subjects have recognised the following rights:
- Right of confirmation;
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure (also known as “right to be forgotten”);
- Right to restrict the use of its Personal Data;
- Right to complain to the relevant data protection authorities;
- Right to data portability.
The Data Subject can exercise any and all of the aforementioned rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer in the address provided above.
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
We guarantee that we do not use any kind of automatic decision-making tool or profiling.
In the case that a consultant/expert has accepted to join a tender proposal with us, his/her Curriculum Vitae might be shared with International Economics’ Consortium Partners and Clients.